The Caring for Self While Caring for Others Series – Season Six Facilitators: Harry Zeit MDPAC(C) and Irina Dumitrache CYT
Date: Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
Location: OMA Offices, 150 Bloor Street West, Suite 900 (NE corner of Bloor & Avenue Road) Time: 7:30 – 9:30 PM Please arrive early so that we can start on time.
The session is complimentary.
Approved for 2 hrs CE by MDPAC
RSVP: by phone: 416-229-2399, ext 125 (Ada or Anna), or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Upon the arrival of spring, let’s meet and reflect on the ways we cultivate vitality and aliveness in our lives.
From working with our body, to working with our emotions; from rekindling our relationships to utilizing mindfulness and neuroplasticity, how do we invoke pleasure and invite renewal?
We will watch some video of well-known contemporary clinicians and writers as a stepping off point to explore our own possibilities for transformation and deeper fulfillment in life.
- What is vitality? How is it defined? How do energy and vitality differ?
- Explore various social determinants of vitality and aliveness.
- Identify somatic determinants of vitality and aliveness.
- Explore the role of neuroplasticity in movement towards vitality.
- Learn a somatic practice for increasing our sense of aliveness and vitality.
April 11th, 2018 – Beyond Burnout: Cultivating Hope and Humanity in Challenging Times. With guest co-facilitator Shailla Vaidya MD
Stay up to date about upcoming programs and interesting links about past programs by visiting omamentalhealth.wordpress.com/ . Please click on the “follow” key on that website so that you are regularly updated on educational programs put on by our Section.